Yale Intensive: Innovation from the Inside (P3)
As shared by Yale SOM colleagues, given the success and overwhelming number of applications Yale had last summer for the intensive: Innovation from the Inside organized by our colleagues at Tsai CITY, Yale is offering this semester a NEW version of the course, this time focusing on the public-private collaborations needed to solve complex societal challenges. GNAM students are again offered a number of slots.
Please see all the information below, including an application link. The application for this intensive will close on February 21, 2021.
The ‘Innovation from the Inside (P3)’ intensive by the Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale (or Tsai CITY at city.yale.edu) will introduce students from Yale University and selected international academic institutions to the mindsets and frameworks used by innovative thinkers and practitioners who tackle the world’s greatest challenges through public-private partnerships (P3 or PPP) . Led by Matt Hooper, the first vice president of Open Innovation at the Barclays Investment Bank (check out Matt’s website and video reel), students will hear from successful practitioners, today’s new ‘system leaders’, on how business, government, and civil society can find a way forward in the midst of a global pandemic, using new practices for effective action. Students will also expand their international network through teamwork and will have the opportunity to present a final group project to a selected panel of global C-suite level leaders* for final feedback and awards.
The Intensive will consist of 5 group sessions between February 26 and April 23 2021:
- Session 1: Dreams and Details: leadership for the 21th century (Feb. 26 from 9-10am New York time)
- Session 2: Our non-linear world: why fixes fail, and good ideas go awry? (Mar. 12 from 9-10am New York time)
- Session 3: Unlocking change: how to create enduring system change (Mar. 26 from 9-10am New York time)
- Session 4: Systems Leadership: mobilizing diverse institutions and networks (Apr. 9 from 9-10am New York time)
- Session 5: Demo Day: closing feedback loops with global practitioners (Apr. 23 from 9-10am New York time)
* Speakers for all sessions lead global institutions and organizations such as Siemens, Maersk, the United Nations, the World Economic Forum, The Aspen Institute, Government of Denmark, and more. ** Clocks in the US move forward one hour on March 14.
All sessions will be conducted via Zoom. In addition to the above mentioned synchronous sessions, participating students will have access to asynchronous content and activities to distribute learning and encourage equitable participation
The ‘Innovation from the Inside’ Intensive is for you:
- if you know that the difficult road to social innovation requires the action of multiple actors in society.
- If you’re looking to apply systems thinking tools in your organization or institution.
- if you dream of changing culture and behavior at scale in society.
- if you’re on a mission to unleash the full potential of individuals and teams within organizations.
We intend for the intensive to:
- Train students to identify relevant problems as system leaders and mobilize resources to experiment with innovative solutions.
- Use systems thinking to encourage creative problem-solving at public and private organizations around the world.
- Showcase new employee management approaches that create results over the long run through collaboration and performance improvement versus individual efforts and short term results.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
The application for this intensive will close at 11:59pm on 2/21. Application is available here.