Beyond the Classroom
- Students are welcomed to RMBS with a series of orientation events. IMBA and MBA students participate in a two day team-building “Outward Bound” experience outside of Beijing, building friendships and networks between the two programs.
Other events include corporate seminars, business simulation exercises, presentation skills training for students who want to brush up their English-language abilities, and a welcome party for all MBA students at the end of
- Clubs and Associations
- The MBA Alumni Association invites entrepreneurs and professors to give seminars to alumni, expands placement channels for MBA graduates, invites successful alumni to be MBA Business Mentors, and organizes capacity development
programs for new MBA students.
- Depending on interest, students may participate in numerous student communities, such as the MBA association, business management, marketing, real estate, investment, and consultation clubs and the Multicultural Society. The MBA
basketball and football (soccer) clubs are also popular, as are the racquetball and hiking clubs. The football club has placed second in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei MBA League for the last three years.
- Besides, there are more than 130 student clubs and associations at RUC offering platforms for developing school-alumni relationships and various networking opportunities.
- Business Competitions
- Business competitions held throughout the school year offer students with opportunities to develop innovative ideas and teamwork skills. The School provides funding to support MBA students’ participation in national or inter-university
business plan proposal, business decision-simulation (e.g., the Peak Time International Competition), and case writing competitions. Faculty coaches and advisors provide support for students.
- Company visits and corporate lectures
- Government officials, well-known entrepreneurs, senior executives from China’s top companies, economists, and scholars give regular lectures at RUC for IMBA/MBA students connecting them with the latest thinking on global trends
affecting the business world. The MBA Program in China also arranges for regular company visits to expose students to different industries and perspectives.