Global Network Event with Mr. Paul Polman, former CEO of Unilever
Mr. Polman developed Sustainable Living as the organizing principle for Unilever and achieved excellent financial performance. In recent years he has focused on the importance of enterprises becoming net positive and making the world better.
In this session, the following questions will be discussed:
- What is your Net Positive Manifesto for current business leaders?
- When you became CEO of Unilever in 2009, how did you engage your employees, customers, and suppliers?
- How did you gain support from shareholders for strategies and aspirations that, on their face, might not be in their interests?
- You are a strong supporter of rethinking management education. Why is this so important for business?
- What do you think about the pushback again ESG?
Mr. Polman will take questions from the students enrolled in the new Yale SOM elective on Stakeholders, Management, and Capitalism as well as from GNAM students, faculty, and alumni. This event is the second of the robust Speaker Series focused on how companies manage stakeholders in diverse contexts.