Invitation to GNAM students: Intensive: Innovation from the Inside
Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale (Tsai CITY) is inviting 12 GNAM students to participate in the Intensive: Innovation from the Inside.
Please find all the information below. It is really important for you (undergraduates and master students) to understand that, if selected, you will be asked to commit to attending every scheduled session, no exceptions will be made. Given the small number of spots available we want selected students to participate in the intensive program in full.
The ‘Innovation from the Inside’ intensive by the Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale (or Tsai CITY at city.yale.edu) will introduce students from Yale University and selected international academic institutions to the mindsets and frameworks used by innovative thinkers and practitioners who reinvent organizations through intrapreneurship. Led by Matt Hooper, the first vice president of Open Innovation at the Barclays Investment Bank (check out Matt’s website and video reel), students will hear from private sector innovators on how organizations can find a way forward in the midst of a global pandemic, using the same ‘Lean” practices known to so many startup founders. Students will also expand their international network through teamwork and will have the opportunity to present a final group project to a selected panel of global C-suite level leaders* for final feedback and awards.
The Intensive will consist of 6 group sessions between September 25 and November 19, 2020:
- Session 1: Dreams and The Art of Anticipation (Sept. 25 from 9-10am New York time)
- Session 2: Details that Build an Intrapreneurial Culture (Oct. 9 from 9-10am New York time)
- Session 3: Platforms to Get Unstuck (Oct. 23 from 9-10am New York time)
- Session 4: How Post-COVID Made Us All Intrapreneurs (Nov. 6 from 9-10am New York time **)
- Session 5: Creative Contradictions for Creators (Nov. 19 from 9-10am New York time **)
- Session 6: ‘Executive Day’ and awards (Nov. 20 from 9-10am New York time **)
* Guests speakers: Jim Haggerman Snabe (Siemens, Maersk), Anne-Mette Toftegaard (LB Group, Denmark), Jeff Hoffman (founder of Priceline.com), and more. ** Clocks in the US fall back one hour on November 1.
All sessions will be conducted via Zoom. In addition to the above mentioned synchronous sessions, participating students will have access to asynchronous content and activities to distribute learning and encourage equitable participation.
The ‘Innovation from the Inside’ Intensive is for you:
- if you know startups are not the only vehicle for innovation.
- If you’re looking to apply the Lean Canvas in a large organization.
- if you dream of changing culture and behavior at scale within corporations.
- if you’re on a mission to unleash the full potential of individuals and teams within organizations.
We intend for the intensive to:
- Train students to identify relevant problems as intrapreneurs and mobilize resources to experiment with innovative solutions.
- Use the Lean Canvas to encourage creative problem-solving in some of the largest organizations in the world.
- Showcase new employee management approaches that create results over the long run through collaboration and performance improvement versus individual efforts and short term results.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
The application for this intensive will open on 8/31 and close at 11:59pm on 12th September. Application is available here.
Feel free to contact 010-62514665 or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!